Investigation 1 – PostLab
- When you have finished your Investigation, discuss the data in Table A.
Complete the analysis of your data by drawing a best fit line in problem 1d of the Analysis section in your Student Data Record.
Note: If necessary, you should refer to the procedures for Determination and Graphing of Independent and Dependent Variables Drawing of a Best Fit Line and Graphing of Independent and Dependent Variables
Analyze your graph by answering the following question.
- How does the concentration of the reactants affect the amount of heat produced by the reaction?
Think about the signs of a chemical change and answer the following question.
- Since the appearance of the liquids in the reaction did not change after both reactants were added to the cup, what other sign suggested that a chemical change occurred?
Based on the data collected in the Investigation, answer the Conclusion questions then compare your conclusions with your predicted answers.
- What happens to the reacting chemicals in a chemical reaction?
- What is produced in a chemical reaction?
- How do you know that a chemical reaction has occurred?
Complete the Focus Question below in your SDR then discuss it as a class.
- In a chemical reaction, what is the relationship between the amount of reactants and the amount of products?