Investigation 4 – PostLab
Complete the Analysis Questions in your SDR then discuss them as a class.
- Why did you use iodine to measure photosynthesis?
- What did your observations of the presence of starch indicate concerning photosynthesis?
Note: Questions marked with a triangle (∆) are included to enrich your understanding. These questions do not appear in your SDR but should be used as additional discussion points during the PostLab.
- ∆ In which parts of the plants does photosynthesis take place?
- ∆ Can you suggest other tools we might use and other data we could collect that would either support or refute this conclusion?
Complete the Focus Questions in your SDR then discuss them as a class.
- In which parts of a Coleus leaf does photosynthesis occur?
- Which pigment is required for photosynthesis?
The Comprehension Check is designed to summarize the CELL and provide your teacher with an informal way to assess your understanding of the big ideas.
- What factors affect the photosynthetic process?
- What cellular structures or substances are involved in photosynthesis?
- Why is photosynthesis important to our environment?